From July 1, 2023, the PAN of taxpayers who have failed to link their Aadhaar as required will become inoperative.
If you have not yet linked your PAN with your Aadhaar, then you have very little time left. In such a situation, here we are going to tell you all the ways through which you can link your PAN with Aadhaar. Follow the steps given below.
How to link Aadhaar with PAN card:
1. To link Aadhaar card with PAN card, you will have to visit the income tax e-filing website https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/.
2. After going to the website, you will see the option of quick links on the left side.
3. Now here you have to click on the Link Aadhaar option.
4. After that you have to enter PAN and Aadhaar number.
5. Then an OTP will come on your number, after entering which your Aadhaar card will be linked to PAN card.
Another way to link PAN with Aadhaar: If you want to link Aadhaar with PAN, then you have to send an SMS to 567678 or 56161 from your registered phone number. This SMS is to be sent in the format UIDPAN
How to check whether Aadhaar is linked with PAN or not: To check whether your Aadhaar is linked with PAN, you must first visit the eFiling website. Then after that go to Quick Links option and click on Link Aadhaar. Now a new page will open. Here it will be written on the hyperlink. Click here to know the status. Then you have to enter the PAN and Aadhaar numbers after clicking on the hyperlink. You will get its information on View Link Aadhaar Status.